Friday, July 14, 2006

Secret Sheer Dry Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant


Here we are, another product up for review! Secret Sheer Dry Anti-perspirant. I do believe this came to me in a college care-package from either my dad or my aunt. It's not the brand I normally use, so I just kind of keep it around as a spare. First off, let me just get this off my chest: Anti-perspirant is a weird thing to me... I normally use deodorant... there's something funny about stuff that makes you not sweat.

The Look: A regular old solid stick of anti-perspirant. It's white and soft (but not too soft... just how it should be).

The Scent: This particular stick is unscented, and it really is fairly scent-less (unlike some "unscented" products I've used with DEFINITE unpleasent scents). If hard-pressed, I'd probably say it has a faintly medical smell - if you're shoving the whole stick up your nose and purposefully HUNTING DOWN a scent.

The Feel: goes on pretty smooth... a bit blobby if I'm still a bit shower-damp. No sweat, even after working out.

In Use: I don't think I'd call it a "secret" (hehe) that you're using this anti-perspirant. After a short while, the stuff seems to build up in gooey white clumps in the creases of my armpit (isn't that some lovely imagery). I'm not a big wear-er of black, but I'd imagine the Secret Sheer Dry anti-perspirant would make itself known in short time (try it and see though... maybe I'm wrong and the layer of whiteness sticks firm in your armpits where it belongs). I may have "over applied", according to the bottle. I am impressed with the how this product lasts. Normally by the end of the day, I still smell ok... but I can start to detect a hint of what lies beneath... so to speak... With the Secret Anti-perspirant, I was odor-free all day from morning until bedtime.

The Verdict: I'd say this was an ok product. Secret Sheer Dry Anti-perspirant does it's job well (if a little visably). If I were going to be wearing either black, or a tank top, I'd probably use something else. The anti-perspirant aspect of Secret Sheer Dry is bang-on, which is good... but not for me. The label says it's pH balanced, so that's cool... it also says it contains aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex, which is a very big name, but it's the type of aluminum that doesn't cause skin reactions as often as other types (apparently anti-perspirants contain various forms of aluminum). I think in all, this product isn't for me - but maybe it's for you!

Here's some other reviews (some great, some horrible).
If you're interested in learning more about anti-perspirants (and who wouldn't be), go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home