Friday, May 26, 2006

Passion Fruit Body Butter from Body Shop

Hello and welcome to ShelfSpace!

The very first product up for review is Body Shop’s Passion Fruit Body Butter for normal to dry skin. This creamy moisturizer was a valentine’s gift from my boyfriend (is there a hidden meaning here? passion fruit?). The label says to keep it in a cool place. Body Shop is against animal testing, and for community trade. Along with a lot of ingredients I’m not familiar with/sound very scientific, there are things in there like shea butter and cocoa butter.

body_review


The Look: smooth, pale purple cream

The Feel: I’m used to pumping my moisturizers, or squirting them out of bottles. It feels funny, yet fun, to scoop the cool yogourt-y stuff out with my fingers. I plop a bit on my skin and rub it in. It’s a bit thick so you need to rub it in good, but it absorbs quickly.

The Scent: I can’t say I’m familiar with the passion fruit, so I can’t compare the scent to the real thing. It does smell fresh and fruity. The scent lingers on the skin, but is not over-powering.

The Taste (yeah...): I know, I know, you don’t eat the stuff… but this came up. This stuff tastes awful! I’ve never before noticed the taste of my moisturizes, I feel like a freak bringing this up. If you’re one to lean your chin on your hands, or put your hands anywhere on your face, this stuff is likely to come into contact with your lips. It’s powerfully gross. You won’t even realize how much you touch your face until you suddenly taste it and wonder what the hell?! Also, boyfriend comes over and casually kisses your shoulder/hand/any-other-body-part-this-has-been-applied-to… he won’t like the taste either. This ickiness does go away eventually.

The Result: I wasn’t really having an issue with dry skin, but as far as normal skin goes, this moisturizer made it soft and silky. It did a nice job of softening up the rougher skin on my knees a bit.

The Verdict: I really liked this Passion Fruit Body Butter. It smells nice, wasn’t greasy, absorbed quickly, and moisturized. I’d probably limit it’s use to my legs only, to avoid encountering that hideous taste… Overall, I think this product is a-ok and worth buying and trying yourself (or, would make a nice gift – try other types of Body Butter, Body Shop has a whole lot more then just passion fruit)!

read more reviews here (note: there's even more types of body butter then they mention on this site - including a new, strawberry one... mmm!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Body Shop might not animal test but it's mother company does L'Oreal!
Anita Roddick sold the company in 2006!

8:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home