Friday, June 16, 2006

Freeman Barefoot Softening Foot Lotion

For the longest time, my grandmother kept gifting everyone with foot lotion… what’s that about? I didn’t really use it… then a while ago I started having issues with dry heels (you know the grossness!), now, I know what it’s about.
foot_lotion

Freeman Bare Foot Soothing Iced Teaberry & Mint Softening Foot Lotion… now there’s a name! The bottle/tube claims it “helps soothe and moisturize dry, flaky legs, feet, cuticles, heels and toes.”

The Look: A grayish purple cream.

The Scent: There’s a good hint of mint to this lotion… I’m not sure what an “iced teaberry” smells like… but it makes me think of the cool, smooth cheeks of my very proper step-grandmother… a fresh smell, yet something very mature… like an old lady might enjoy. I’m not overly fussy on the smell, but it’s not bad… and hey, it’s on your feet, people don’t generally take a deep breath of feet.

The Feel: cool and soothing. It stays a little greasy for a bit, so I recommend putting this on before bedtime, and maybe putting on a pair of socks too (although I have put it on in the morning, followed by a pair of socks, and it’s just fine). It claims to be good for “aching legs”, which it may very well be… although that might have more to do with the fact that you’re supposed to “massage” it on.

The Result: The bottle recommends you first use the Barefoot Soak, then the Barefoot Scrub, and THEN this lotion. I’ve just been slathering this lotion on after showering, and it seems to work very well. Like I mentioned before, I had a weird period of very dry, gross feet, so one night I soaked them in the tub, then scrubbed them up with a washcloth (exfoliation, ooo), and then liberally rubbed some of this lotion in. My feet were back to their normal soft, lovely selves in no time – probably even better. I also find that this is a good way to relax after a long day, rubbing my sore legs and feet.

The Verdict: Even without the recommended Soak and Scrub, this Barefoot Lotion worked great. A bottle/tube seems to go a long way. I if I were to buy this lotion, I think I would look for a different scent. If I were you, I’d give this product a try!
(gosh, will I ever give a negative review? I guess I get good junk!)

Read more reviews here.
Official Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home