Friday, June 09, 2006

Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion AND Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion

Ok, maybe this is cheating a bit… but… TWO reviews in one post! Both of these are Burt’s Bees Lotions that came together in a sample kit. I’ve received one of these kits from my boyfriend’s mom, and one slightly different one from my own mom (very nice gifts!).

Here they are:
MilkHoney_BodyLotionBabyBee_ButtermilkLotion

Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion AND Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion

The Look: The Milk and Honey Lotion is a pale tan-ish colour. The Baby Buttermilk Lotion is also a pale tan, though a lighter shade then the Milk and Honey. Both seem quite runny for a lotion… I’m use to the thick, creamy sorts.

The Scent: If you sniff the bottle, both of these smell a bit unusual, but they’re better on your skin. I can’t really place the smell of either of these, but I do find them pleasant (after a little getting used to. My boyfriend loved the smell of the Milk and Honey Lotion right off the bat.). Both lotions have a very sweet scent, particularly the baby one. The Baby Buttermilk Lotion called to mind those sweet pastel pellet candies you get in a roll – Rockets, I think they’re called? I can see these scents not being for everyone. The scent of both lotions seems to lightly linger all day – I love that, but others may not.

The Feel: Well, liquidy. They’re both very light-feeling, and absorb quickly. I don’t find either to be greasy at all. I’d be skeptical of this lotion in a heavy-duty dry skin situation. I’ve actually purchased a regular bottle of the Milk and Honey Lotion, but during the winter I switched to a thicker type. I’d say they’re lovely summer moisturizers (the scents are also what I’d call a “summer scent” if that makes sense to you).

The Verdict: Soft, sweet-smelling skin. The full-size bottles of lotion are more pricey then your average stuff, but a little goes a long way. The full size Milk and Honey Lotion comes with a pump top – be careful! If you pump too hard you’re libel to end up with either a lot more then you meant to, or shooting it across the room. I would say these lotions make a sweet treat, but are not for every day.

I like that the lotions contain mainly natural ingredients, and their packaging is recycled and recyclable. I’ve read reviews that have said the baby lotion may give your baby a rash, so do test a small spot a day or so before slathering it on them!

UPDATE: The Milk and Honey Body Lotion may separate if it's been sitting around a while. Giving the bottle a little shake before you use it seems to fix the problem nicely.

Other Reviews:
Burt’s Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion
and
Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home